At West Marin Physical Therapy, our primary concern is for the health and wellness of everyone who steps through our doors. Upon re-opening, we are implementing the following policies and procedures. These are subject to change, given the evolving nature and understanding of the COVID-19 pandemic. For current information, you can consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization websites.
- COVID-19 screening questions are asked over the phone prior to booking appointments. For the safety of our patients and staff, we will postpone and/or cancel appointments with high-risk individuals.
- No-touch temperature scans are administered to all patients and staff upon entering the clinic and screening questions will be asked.
- To minimize the number of people in the clinic and waiting area, we ask patients to arrive at the time of their appointment, rather than arriving early. We may ask you to wait in your car until called in.
- No family members or caregivers may enter the clinic unless necessary for safety, mobility, or other specific reasons; this minimizes the number of people in the clinic.
- All patients are required to wear a mask (either homemade or standard) while in the clinic. For information on how to make your own mask please visit these CDC websites – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html
If you don’t have your own mask, one will be provided.
- All patients must use hand sanitizer or wash their hands with soap and water upon entering the clinic.
- All shared surfaces are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
Thank you for respecting our policies and supporting the health and wellbeing of our patients, staff, and community.